Monday, January 15, 2018

Reflection In The Snow

            This afternoon it finally snowed enough for me to break out my cross-country skis.  I went out to a local forest preserve to hit their trails.  From the look of the tracks, only one other person had been out there before me, and we actually went in separate directions after the first mile.  In the open areas along the prairies the snow was deep enough to get a glide going with each push forward.  In the hilly, wooded areas, where it was a little more protected, there was a little less snow.  The depth of the snow would have been more than sufficient with a base of some sort, but without it my skies often times caught bare ground underneath.  The result was a live demonstration of several of Newton’s Laws of Motion.  An object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by a force (skis stick, body lurches forward).  For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction (body falls forward and slams into the ground, air is forced from lungs).
CLICK FOR VIDEO:
            Anyways, this day is not so much about me, as it was to reflect on simply being outside.  While skiing I reflected on our time together as a family over the holidays.  I also thought about the two separate times I took both of my kids out to the woods.  It was a time to connect, cook a meal, and share an experience together.  It’s something that helps me see the passage of time, the progress made, and the growth that is happening before my very eyes.
            Enjoy the pictures and videos of our adventures; first with Todd on Thursday, December 28th before he left to go overseas, and then with Jodi on Sunday, January 7th before she went back to college.
            See you along The Way…

------------------------------------------------
Todd's Outing - December 28th, 2017
Kora Watching From Her Blanket On A Cold Morning
CLICK FOR VIDEO:
CLICK FOR VIDEO
Pics from the Past (February 5th, 2005)
One Of Todd's First Cookouts - We've Come So Far!
An Egg Cooked In An Orange Peel As Kati Spots Something  : )
----------
Jodi's Outing - January 7th, 2018
CLICK FOR VIDEO:
CLICK FOR VIDEO:
Pics from the Past (March 5th, 2005)
Like The Picture Above - Creatively Dreaming On Her First Winter Outing
Jodi And Kati On The Prairie

No comments:

Post a Comment